Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Clothesline Club

Yesterday I went to my Clothesline club meeting at Quilts Etc.
Sandra Mack is our teacher and is so darling and fun, I really look forward to it every month. We get together and talk about everything 1930's era. Sandra gives us a history every month as well as shows us a project done in 1930's fabrics. Those of us who want to do the project sign up and then she cuts a kit for it to be picked up at next months meeting. This quilt is a beautiful double irish chain. It is destined to be handquilted.

This is an apron finished from last months kit. It's called the
"Housewife Apron". Don't you love how simple and cute it is? It looks like it would come in handy when hanging clothes on the line- Lots of room for clothespins.

Here's my friend Robin showing some old patterns that she got from her aunt.
There was even some crochet left in them! Oh, and we all get to wear aprons
during class!
Next is one of the quilts that we made from a kit that Sandra cut for us. The pattern is called Garden Sunshine. I think yo-yo's will go in the center of each pinwheel flower after it's quilted. Don't you just love that yellow sashing?










Here's my friend Judy with a table-runner that she also did from one of the kits. The pattern is called Flowers for Mama. She is wonderwoman! She started this in the afternoon and had it all pieced, quilted and bound by dinner. Someone should have brought her flowers!









We like to bring lots of things that were our grandmothers or our mothers and show them to all there. These are pillowcases that Helen did for her hopechest when she was a girl. I love them!








Here's another set that Helen made. I think it's adorable that they match her
outfit.








WOW! Look at this quilt. This is Kathleens. It's also one of our past kits and was supossed to be a lapquilt but she loved the block so much that she just kept sewing
and
sewing
and
sewing
until she had 99 blocks complete! Now she has to add 1 more row to fit her bed. She also said she may handquilt it. Fabulous!






Here's a close up photo of her beatiful quilt so far. I'm really wishing my fan quilt
was complete. I've wanted to make one for a long time, sigh:) By the way, all of the patterns that Sandra cuts for our kits are by Darlene Zimmerman.









This crochet butterfly was found in an old cedar sewing box. I think it would be
really cute framed with vintage fabric behind it and maybe even an old photo or buttons.











Here's a vintage apron that used to belong to someones mother! Oh so cute.










Shown here is some vintage fabric that I would love to have in my collection. Lucky her! All in all, it was a wonderful day to meet with friends and share with them some of the things that we love.


5 comments:

The Material Girls Quilts said...

Spectacular show and tell! I want to belong to that club! I bet I know where you could get a yo-yo or two to put in the middle of those flowers. And that Judy! I need to know what brand of vitamins she takes. See ya soon!
Nadine

dream quilt create said...

How fun! I wanted to join that club, and now I feel like I was there with all the pictures and friends. Thanks for sharing.

Nanette Merrill said...

This post totally speaks to me. I love all of it.

Anonymous said...

I love all of those things. My very favorite is 1930's fabric. I can't get enough of it.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the peacock pillowcases! Will you make me some for my birthday please?

Related Posts with Thumbnails