Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sew Night With Kass - Twirly Girly Skirt

It's been a while since I showed you some of what Kassidy and I have been up to on our "Wednesday Sew Night" - so here is just one of the projects that we have made and I promise to show you even more later!
Here is Kassidy stitching away happily...
and pinning away happily...

And then it's time for me to add the trim...



The cutest little pink pom-pom trim we found at JoAnns. Just in case you want to know- the trim came first, and then we picked fabric to go with the trim from Material Girls. It's kinda like finding a dress to go with the earrings, don't ya think?


And the final project - the cutest little twirly skirt to go with the trim, both in the perfect pink.





Here is the pattern that we used. It was really simple, fast and cute - those are the three requirements that we have for any project to be on our list of things to do for our Sew Night together.
For sure we will be making more of these and I will show them to you then.


I wanted to show you the pins that Kassidy uses. They are extra long with a bigger head which makes them easier for her to handle, and besides they're adorable and come in cute pearly-bright colors.
My friend Linda no blog gave me a few of them in a pincushion that she gave me a while back, and when Kass saw them she made me call Linda right away to see where she got them.
They came from JoAnns so of course we had to go get several packages. They really are cute and useful and look very happy in the pincushions that are in my studio!


And here's my curly girly (thats what her Dad calls her) in her twirly skirt...do you like it?


post signature

19 comments:

Lindsey said...

It's precious! What a beautiful project...she'll never forget it!

Sweet P said...

What an adorable skirt! She looks so cute in it. I love the idea of a Wednesday Sew Night. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Betsy said...

Lovely skirt.
It is so nice to have a little one that enjoys sewing early on. IT will pay off for her a trillion ways!

Debbie said...

Kassidy you look so pretty! I think you need 1 in every color!

Nedra said...

I see a future designer in the making. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
She will have such wonderful memories of the two of you planning, designing, and sewing together. And the skirt is as cute as can be.

Kim Walus said...

Very cute picture of Kassidy wearing her skirt. I love it! She looks great in pink and the pom poms make the skirt extra twirly looking.

Anonymous said...

V. here...Thanks bunches. My 10 yr old grandaughter is visiting from Nigeria and I love your idea (s). Kassidy's project turned out great and she is a precious model! v.

Sherri said...

She did such a wonderful job! Definitely a life-long sewer. It brings back so many memories...I started sewing my own clothes when I was 10 and my Mom signed me up for a sewing class from Singer's at the mall...Kassidy is so much luckier to have you for her teacher!

Funoldhag said...

What a pretty skirt and what a pretty little girl! Enjoy that twirly skirt, cute curly girlie! Good job, you two. Carol

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh Lori she's a doll. What a cute skirt too. How fun. I need to make my girls make their trek skirts. Unfortunately the 2 still home and going to trek are sporty girls and do NOT want to sew!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful girl she's so cute in her skirt. Curly girly...love it! I LOVE the pincushion. Is there a pattern? I too have those pins and l o v e them! Have a great day!!!

Dawn said...

What an awesome seamstress!! Nedra's right...the apple didn't fall to far from the tree!! She did a great job!!

happy zombie said...

Adorable!!!!

Sherry said...

That skirt is as adorable as curly girly! Very cute.

Annelies said...

What a sweet legacy you are sharing. I still have memories of sewing with my Oma and I know she still smiles upon all the things I create. XXX Annie

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

very pretty!! i love that you have her sewing at such a young age!

Elizabeth said...

I think the skirt is just plain adorable, and I love the pom-poms on the bottom. My mother taught me how to sew when I was 12 and now that she is gone, I wish I had taken the time through the years to thank her for teaching me. I still sew today not so much for myself, but I do quilt.

dream quilt create said...

What a cute project! I bet Kass was in seventh heaven creating something she could wear and will get a ton of compliments on!

Chookyblue...... said...

love the skirt......such a beautful model too.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails