Monday, June 15, 2009

Vintage Monday - Piggy Banks

I wanted to show you something bright and colorful today for "Vintage Monday".

I looked around my kitchen where most of my collectables are and spied my cute little farmer piggy bank in his red overalls.

I thought you might like to meet him - I don't really have a proper name for him ( just farmer piggy) which is unusual for me.

As you know by now, I name most of my vintage finds and then I make up a few stories about them....


Once upon a time there was a piggy who liked to save money for his future.
His dad thought he should spend it on schooling so that he could follow in his footsteps (his dad was a piggy banker).

But this little piggy has an independant spirit so he decided to follow his own dream, which was to be a farmer. He used his money and bought some land on the outskirts of town.
He then became known to everyone as farmer piggy.


Farmer piggy is very content and likes to work in his fields in the day and at night, he likes to read and sometimes play the fiddle.
Everyday when he is out in his turnips, he is on the lookout for Penelope piggy who just happens to walk by his farm daily as she goes to work downtown at the local 5 & Dime.
When she looks his way, his eyes get an endearing twinkle.




She has a certain shyness about her, but she secretly hopes that he will ask her to the hay ride and square dance in July.




Penelope always makes sure that she looks her best for farmer piggy by wearing a blue ribbon and her prettiest flowers from her garden.




The end...... what do you think happens next?



post signature

10 comments:

Kim Walus said...

Since I'm up so late I was hoping to be the first comment on your post. What darling piggies you have at your house. I need some darling cute piggies living at my house. Thanks for introducing Farmer Piggy and Penelope Piggy to all of us. They should fall in love and get married! Okay, I'm getting punchy now. ROFLOL!

Betsy said...

Lori these bring such great memories of my younger years when I used to be so broke that these little piggies would never get full. Thank you for sharing such nostalgic items.

dream quilt create said...

You sure opened yourself up to lots of scenarios, but here goes....One day Farmer Piggy "mustard" up the courage to ask Penelope piggy to the July 4th square dance. Penelope ate cotton candy, cow on a stick, 2 funnel cakes, lemonade and fried twinkies. Farmer Pig said, "Penelope, you are such a pig and I love you so much. Will you be "my" pig?" Penelope said," You are such a swine and I love you." They had "3 little pigs" and lived happily ever after. The rest is history.......

Nedra said...

Oh I get it....PIGGY banks! I'm a little slow, but once it's mine, it's mine forever. I'm even listening to "Would you like to be a pig?" on your music selection. Very clever of you.

Nanette Merrill said...

I love vintage piggy banks. So incredibly cute. Your house must be a vintage treasure chest.

little acorns said...

So cute! . . both of them!
I say, a little piggy wedding & then . . . little piglets! :o)
xo, Bren

Funoldhag said...

Lori, I am sure that the little boy piggy finally asked the little girl piggy out and they fell in love, got married and had lots of little piglets. And they builttheir house of bricks so that the big bad wolf could not blow their house down and lived happily ever after in their little piggy haven. Carol

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great piggy couple!

Susan said...

Those are the cutest little piggies.

Sherri said...

So cute...and I love your stories! Thanks also for the info. on pencils for tracing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails