Thursday, September 10, 2009

You're Invited!

Last night we had Kassidy's birthday party...you're invited to take a peek of what went on.
I designed & made the invitations because Kassidy really wanted them to be shaped like a cowboy boot. She just wanted to hang out in the backyard and have fun with her friends.....dancing, laughing, posing, laughing,eating, laughing and sitting around the firepit making smores. (and laughing)

We invited the girls to wear their boots for the "Hoedown Showdown".


And asked them to practice for the bubble gum blowing contest.

I stitched two boots together to form a pocket for the invitation and bubble gum.

I embossed and then inked the paper to look like leather on a cowboy boot....very easy and fast to do and I was pleased with the results.

I also embossed the tag paper because I like to emboss! It makes the paper look designer...but it's just plain old card stock.

Here are Kassidy's boots. She picked them out and I would have done the same if she hadn't been with me. I just love red shoes. (and boots)!


Here is Kass's hat that we made. We bought a straw cowboy hat for each of the girls to decorate at the party and take home.We did them as they arrived at the party. They each chose thier own color of ribbon. All of the girls looked so cute and loved the hats!



I took a few shots of Kass before the guests arrived.

Kassidy chose the menu....including the drinks.


Mr. Honey grilled the hot dogs, froze the ice cream, built the fire and set up the music by bringing out his guitar amplifier and hooking up Hanna Montana CD"s for the girls to dance to.


We used these cookies for the smores. The girls roasted a marshmellow and put it between 2 cookies (with the chocolate to the inside) and BAM! Easy peasy smores.


Kassidy made her favorite dip. My niece Allison brought it on our family camping trip this spring and Kass asked her for the recipe...she loved it. It's really easy to make:
Fiesta Party Dip
16 oz. sour cream
1 package Fiesta (or Salsa) Ranch mix...I can't remember which name it is!
1 small can chopped green chiles
1 small can chopped black olives
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Mix together and enjoy with your favorite corn chips.

Okay....now for a few photos of the party that I promised to show you....























These jars of bubble gum were the prizes for the girls. Kassidy and her friends had a great time at her party and so did her Mom and Dad....10 year old girls are just a pleasure to be around. They see life as it really should be!
My camera battery quit on me at the end during the opening of gifts and homemade ice cream...but trust me, it was good.
Thanks for coming!

post signature

16 comments:

dream quilt create said...

What a fun party and great memories! I used to do themed parties like that, I enjoyed reliving those days through reading your blog!

Linda said...

What a FUN party! Can I be invited next year? I promise I can act eleven! Cute everything!

Carin said...

Lori, That looks like a blast! What a great mom you are.

Nedra said...

Lori you are so amazing. How do you come up with such creative ideas...one after another? Kassidy is one lucky girl to have such fun parents.

Jan said...

Ohhhhhh how fun! I'm w/Linda above ... I can easily act 11 for next year's birthday bash! What an adorable group of girls. Kassidy has a wonderful eye for fashion ... I love her attire all the way down to those awesome red boots; and you truly outdid yourself w/the invitations and all the other goodies!!!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks so much for sharing the photos of your adorable daughter's birthday party. It's been a long time since I've been around that age group but do remember how much fun they are. Loved your idea for a boot invitation and fun games in the backyard ending with roasting marshmallows for smores around the fire pit. Nice change from the kind of parties older kids want.

karenshopes said...

That looks like so much fun. The girls all looked wonderful in their hats and boots.
Karen

Loralynn said...

It looks like they had a blast! What a great idea on the smores!

Micki said...

What a fun way to have a party.
Micki

Carrie P. said...

Well,ya'll know how to throw a party. Those girls look like they were having loads of fun. Love those red cowboy boots too.

Sherri said...

What a great party...and what a lucky girl Kassidy is!

Shyloh Belnap said...

I'm impressed! What a cute party!

Sherry said...

Hi Lori. Oh my, what a wonderful birthday party you & hubby put together for Kassidy. Love the pics of the girls having fun...wonderful memories for Kassidy down the road. Thanks so much for sharing, brought back memories for me as well. You two are good parents! :)

Nanette Merrill said...

Lori I am always amazed at the scope of your talent and vision. You can do everything and anything! This party is amazing. I had to look at all the pictures smiling, laughing and amazed! You really are something. Kassidy is one lucky gal. I wish I had your talent and I could put my hand to it with this wedding. You have super party talents and thing of everything!

happy zombie said...

Nanette said it much better then I could (I ditto her)... you are a mommy party throwin' rock-star!

Anonymous said...

Bravo, you were visited with simply excellent idea

Related Posts with Thumbnails