Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Red Rooster

Here is your virtual visit to Red Rooster Quilts in Logan. They have this tin sign displayed at the shop and lots of quilts and projects that also have to do with roosters.
I really like this shop and I visit whenever I am in the area.
I hope you enjoy the photos....





















They are teaching my "Apron Club" quilt there right now....I like this version of my pattern, it's always fun to see the variety of fabrics that others use to make it.





Well, there you go. Did you like it? I thought I better show you tonight even though it's late because I'm leaving first thing in the morning for another retreat. This time it's a scrapbooking retreat. Yes, I am feeling very spoiled.
Mr. Honey is teasing me and says that I must be celebrating "All about me month"..........LOL!
I've been on alot if quilt retreats but a scrapbooking retreat is a first for me....I'm really excited about it.
I do love to scrapbook but I don't get to play with paper very often because I'm always playing with fabric.....so, I really hope to get alot done. I'm going with friends and we are going up Ogden Canyon....the place sounds wonderful!
All that we will be doing for the next 4 days is scrapbooking and relaxing. The retreat place will take care of everything else....such as,
All of our meals, snacks and drinks are catered, massage on Friday, hot tub and pool, large flat screen for movies...lots of laughing and catching up with friends. By this time tomorrow night, I will be elbow deep in paper, glitter and glue, Yay!
I'll check back in with y'all on Vintage Monday.....have a great weekend ladies!

post signature

14 comments:

Nedra said...

Have a wonderful time. We'll have to start calling you "Miss Retreat".
Thanks for the tour of Roosters. They have moved since the last time I was there, and it's nice to see all of their beautiful things.

Rae Ann said...

Loved seeing Red Rooster! Thay always have the cutest things in that store.
Have a great time at your retreat. It will be fun to see all that you get done.

Jan said...

Oh yes! I enjoyed that very much!!! Awesome shop and I adored the quilts that they framed! Adorable version of your aprons too; and now off on another fun venture!!! Did you say massage, catered, movies on the big screen, pool and spa??? Oh my!!!!!!!!! Today I'm wishing my name was Lori ... enjoy :)

Carin said...

Lori, I hope you have a blast at your scrapbook retreat Ogden canyon is beautiful, I drive there whenever I need a few moments to myself. Be sure to get some fries at "The Oaks" it's a cute little restaurant there in the canyon and stop at the mouth of the canyon at "Rainbow Gardens" and have a muffin in the cafe they are fab!

Colleen said...

Thank you for the wonderful tour of The Red Rooster shop. Have fun at your retreat!!!

blue star stitcher said...

So lucky, I hope you have a lot of fun at the retreat (i'm jealous!). I love going to my local quilt shop just to look at all their quilts on the walls. It's fun getting to see someone elses favorite shop.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Happy retreating! Don't forget to come back.

Kim Walus said...

What a blast! I'm thinking I need a month off all to myself with NO phones or interruptions so I can get some things done.

Have a great time creating with your friends and you must take more pictures for us to enjoy!!!

Thanks, Lori!

amy smart said...

I have always heard great things about Red Roosters, but have never been. Thanks for the virtual tour! It definitely lived up to its billing. And I love the apron quilt - that pattern has been one of my very FAVORITES ever since I first saw it a Pipers. SO sweet.

Happy retreating!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the pictures! I have the Lori Smith applique all ready to hand quilt. Nice to see a close up. Have fun on your retreat.

Micki said...

The photos of the quilts are wonderful! I enjoyed the rooster ones, but all of them are charming!
Micki

Carrie P. said...

Thanks for sharing the shop with us. Lovely place.
Have a great time.

Kim Brackett said...

Very nice quilt shop! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. I love that apron quilt. Have fun at your retreat!

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm finally catching up here, as if you didn't notice. I haven't been to Red Rooster since they moved. How fun to see they are teaching your class.

Related Posts with Thumbnails