Monday, November 2, 2009

Vintage Monday - Toy Stove

I bought this cute Wolverine toy stove at an antique shop in Logan when I went on my quilting retreat.
As you know, I collect what I love and I also like to use what I collect and this fits right into my kitchen next to my sink like it's been there for years. Now it's a handy little helper and looks vintagey cute!
Serena over at the Farm Chicks is so inspiring and does the same thing. I love it when I can find inspiration from others and I hope others can find inspiration from me.

After finding the stove, I went on a hunt to find a childs saucepan to go on the burners. I really wanted to find one with a red handle so I searched until I did!
I love the one that I found, small enough to look cute on the stove but large enough to hold a sponge and scrubber.

When I saw this cut glass mini set of S&P shakers, I knew they would also look adorable on the stove...tiny red lids....how fun.


I already had this apron on my dish soap next to my sink....now she sits next to the stove.
This apron is part of a pattern I designed about 10 years ago called Cleaning Cuties.
I'm thinking maybe it's time to release it for sale again....what do you think?



I knitted these dishcloths a while back and I thought they would roll up just right and fit inside the oven.











These cloths are a fast, fun and useful project when you feel the need to pick up the needles!
These are the sponges that I like to use....O-Cello....they fit nicely in my hand and I like the colors .........

and the cute prints on the scrubby side. My motto is,
"if you buy something useful, it doesn't mean it can't be cute!"

That motto also works for my collection of all things vintage only switched around,
"if you buy something cute, it doesn't mean it can't be useful!"



post signature

16 comments:

Jan said...

That is one adorable little stove Lori and I loved seeing all the Halloween pics below :) Your little "cowgirl" made me LOL! What a little charmer she is :)

Nedra said...

What great quotes. I agree, just because it's useful, it doesn't mean it can't be cute. You've proven that.
Someday I want to learn how to knit dishclothes. I know they aren't that hard, I just need to find the time to learn.

Jocelyn said...

What an adorable stove. And in such great condition. Love all your utensils too. What fun!

Rae Ann said...

Lori, I remember those little stoves! It is a great accent for any kitchen. I love how you decorated it with all the fun items, especially the knitted dishclothes. I have crocheted them before, but love the kintted look. I will need to take that up sometime! ;-)

Carrie P. said...

Very cute! and the dishclothes are so neat too. Great designs on each one.

Loralynn said...

Absolutely darling!

Brenda said...

That is cute! I like the way you are using it. I do remember seeing one used on another site. Since I visit the Farm Chicks site it must have been the one. And I loved it then too. I think it had spices in it?

Brenda Pruitt said...

How completely adorable! You have such a sweet blog. I immediately knew I was in love as soon as I saw all the pretty colors!
Brenda

Allie said...

Ack - cuteness overload! I need a toy stove now! I'm in love with this post....and your HOUSE, lol!

busyascanbe said...

I want a big one just like that! And I love your dish towels. Your halloween pictures are so fun too. Sophie is getting so big.

Eileen said...

That little stove is really TOO TOO cute! I love toys too.. but people do look at you like you're crazy. :-)

Nanette Merrill said...

Everything is cute at Lori's house. This is a fun idea. I have a little vintage stove, too. Mine is pink. I'm sure you know the kind. I wonder if they are the same size?

Sherri said...

Those dishcloths look soo cute in that oven! You have such great ideas Lori...I think you should write a quilt book...and have pitctures of your beautiful vintage collections...I think it would be a book that would sit on my coffee table year round!

Funoldhag said...

How cute is that, Lori! That sort of thing is what makes a house a home! Fun post. Carol

Sherry said...

Hi Lori. So behind on reading my favorite blogs but was sure glad to see this post. That little stove put a smile on my face! How cute using it in your kitchen. Love it & all the accessories. You always inspire me..thanks for sharing!

kitchen pendant lighting said...

I love all of it, i think i need that stuff for my little girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails