Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm back!!!....Part One

Well I'm back from my most wonderful quilty retreat at
Rae Ann's cabin in beautiful Star Valley....one of my favorite places.
I can only begin to tell you about it now because my laptop has been under the weather with a little virus....poor thing. After a visit to the doctor laptop is feeling much better.
You can see in the picture above where my workspace has been for the last 10 days or so...
The projects for this trip were all about using up my stash and getting time to do a few quilts that I have been really wanting to get to.
I went a few days early with Rae Ann to help her set up for all the girls, so I got a good head start on my projects......the first thing I got out were my pre-cut strips to start on a new quilt pattern that will be out for publication very shortly...

You can see here part of it here...... we each had our own design wall to work on and this one is mine.
This is the first quilt that I finished but I won't show it all to you just yet....I'll wait until the pattern is ready.....just a little sneaky peek for you.

Then I moved on to a different quilt that I have been wanting to do using these 2 "snippets" turnovers.

Here are some of the blocks on my design wall....they are 15" blocks and I made 20 total and completed the quilt.

Next I moved on to stitching together a queen size quilt out of 400 charm squares that I have recieved over the last 2 years through "charm square swaps" at my Clothesline Club at Quilts Etc.


All I did was cut 800 2 1/2" squares and stitched them onto opposite corners of each charm square....a very easy scrappy happy quilt.

Here it is complete.....no borders for this one...just a quilting and a binding is just what I want.

I can't decide if the blocks are x's or o's......(hugs & kisses)....it just depends what your eye decides!

I also started a another quilt pattern with "flower sugar" fabric....more to come on that later....this is also just a sneak peek. The pattern will be out soon and I'll be sure that y'all are the first to know!



Here we all are just working away.... we had so much quilty fun together even though this picture looks very serious. We are all missing Judi who had to leave a few days early (we were all so sad)....and as you can see...my flower sugar wheels kinda rolled over to her design wall.
Starting on the left is Nedra.....Jackie.....
Suzann.....and Rae Ann.
Tomorrow I will show you more....but for now I am just waiting for Jodi (Pleasant Home) to pull into my driveway!...I know exiting isn't it? I'm so excited to meet her....she is one talented gal.
Jodi and her husband are on a roadtrip and are in Utah right now so we have made arrangments to meet up and have a fun day at the quilt shops together. Joining us will be Rae Ann, Nanette, Judi and Kim.
We are so gonna have some quilty fun don't ya think?
And so is Mr. Honey. He is taking Jodi's husband fly fishing for the day on the beautiful Provo River....
Oh...I have to go...I think I hear them now!

30 comments:

Kate said...

Loved your post and seeing all your work. I just came home from a retreat where I put my little featherweight through its paces - first time it did some serious sewing - and it was a dream to sew on. I only had a weekend retreat and no design wall, so am v envious of your setup! Kate In Brisbane, Australia

Steffi´s Candy Quilts said...

Wow, you were very productive! It´s so nice to look at all the beautiful fabrics, blocks and tops. Thanks for sharing, and I can´t wait to read more tomorrow! Have fun with Jodi and the others!

Quilts and Cats said...

I can't get over how much you got accomplished. I LOVE all of your projects...now on to the quilting!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! How lucky are YOU??? Tell Ms. Jod I said hi. I think I need to move -- all you fun guys are out there!

It looks like you had a wonderful retreat at Rae Ann's. While you were retreating, I was retreating with my Utah Aunt and my mom -- but we were in a basement LOL!

SEWButterfly said...

Beautiful work! Can't wait to see the pattern!

Hey, I've got a machine like that! ;D

Marcia said...

Wow! Some really beautiful stuff! I love the quilt you did with the snippets turnover. And, then you got to spend the day with Pleasant Home! Hope you took lots of shop hopping pics. :)

Jeanne said...

Retreats are the best! Love your new projects.

Nedra said...

It was so fun to be able to sit next to you all those days and watch you make such beautiful things. You continue to amaze me and amaze me. Have a wonderful time today with all the ladies. Sure wish I could be there too!

Nielson said...

Wow! I am so very impressed--you were so productive! I would like to think if I were alone for two weeks, hopefully I could do the same....Well, we'll never know--at least not for a while :)

Jan Marie said...

That is great. I am in awe. And I can't wait to see the new patterns. My brain would be fried if I was doing all that and you were still creating. Have fun today.

Amanda Jean said...

you were very productive at your retreat! i was trying to pick a fav project of yours, but no luck...they are all beautiful! i had to laugh...all i did was cut out 800 (!!!) 2 1/2" squares. oh, goodness, that's a lot of squares! but it's worth it...what a beauty!

Rae Ann said...

This is making me want to go back to the cabin RIGHT NOW!
Sweet post... loved it!:)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Everything you did at the retreat is gorgeous Lori! Looks like your were very productive besides having lots of fun. And a shopping trip with Jodi and All is surely fun too!

Dawn said...

It's funny how your Hugs and Kisses quilt looks like Xs at an angle and Os straight on. Wierd. Looks like you got a lot finished on your retreat. Have fun with Jodi.

Elaine said...

Looks like you had fun and got a lot done. Quite amazing.

Sherri said...

Love everything...your charm square quilt is adorable...and of course I can't wait to see the new patterns! Just found out I need to bring my son up to football camp next week...so I plan on visiting Material Girls and Pine Needles...any other recommendations?

Sherri said...

Love everything...your charm square quilt is adorable...and of course I can't wait to see the new patterns! Just found out I need to bring my son up to football camp next week...so I plan on visiting Material Girls and Pine Needles...any other recommendations?

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Lori, I can't get over how much you sewed. Love all of them. Sounds like your retreat is still going on. Isn't life grand. Checking in later to see more.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

There are some wonderful quilts going on there!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Sherry said...

Welcome home from your retreat Lori. Wow, you got a lot accomplished! Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see more.

busyascanbe said...

Lori, you always amaze me! I hope you are bring these to club to show us..:)

Erika Mulvenna said...

Wow, what a wonderful trip you had! Love all the great pictures of your quilts in progress.

Have you visited www.WeAllSew.com to see what other stitchers are sharing, too?

Cardygirl said...

One busy little bee...lots of gorgeous work...I love dresdens & your scrappy charm square quilt...happy & fresh.

Pots and Pins said...

Seriously...in my next life I'm going to be YOU! Love your quilts and I really love the queen size scrappy number - just my kind of thing. I must make myself one...but I can't figure out how you sewed the blocks together...must need a nap! Glad you had a great time!! xo, Nan

Karen said...

I saw the sunset pictures on Rae Ann's blog, I know you all had a wonderful time at the retreat. The quilts on your design wall are fabulous. I really like the charm square - it looks perfect without a border. Can't wait to see finished products.

Dionne said...

You are such a TEASE! I can't wait to see your new pattern. You were so incredibly productive on your retreat. I hope you had fun at the quilt shops.
Cheers,
Dionne

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Can I say that I love everything???? OMG I do. It's all wonderful.
Can't wait to see more Lori.

Mel said...

What FUN!!! My goodness you all are so lucky to have each other!!

Kim Walus said...

My favorite is the 400 Charmer Quilt. Very beautiful with all of the different fabrics. It's going to be even more beautiful when it's quilted. I loved the other quilts you showed us too. You definitely got a lot done while you were gone. I know I'd feel really good about that. **Running to my craft room to sew**

Nanette Merrill said...

I don't know how you get all this done. I love all your projects. Your quilts are magical really. Lovely setting and lovely blocks. My favorites are your dresdens.

Related Posts with Thumbnails