Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Little Peek...

I had a wonderful holiday weekend with my family doing a little bit of everything like...gardening...going to the movies...a nice dinner out... going to church...playing boardgames and staying up late every night...some really nice family time.

So now that the weekend is over I wanted to give you a little peek of what I have been doing in my studio....it involves a quilt using several 1 1/2" fabric strips and...

...also these fabrics which I chose first...the brown is a stop border...the gingham will be used in each block and the remaining 4 light fabrics will be the block backgrounds...there a 4 different blocks in the quilt so I chose to use one of the backgrounds for each one.
This will be a very scrappy quilt...no big suprise there! I pulled lots of fabric from my stash in several colors that I will be working with....












Here they are all together...yummy fabric colors and textures...my patchwork pallette.
If you are curious to see what I'm sewing...stay tuned for the rest of the week to see all...


post signature

15 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

You have me hooked anyway - I'm still bowled over by all your unbelievable quilts.

Jocelyn said...

ooooo, what yummy fabrics. Can't wait for the next installment :-)

Libby said...

OHHHH! I can't wait!! What yummy fabrics!! Thanks for showing us a peek!

Nedra said...

So glad you had such a nice weekend. The colors of your fabrics are beautiful together. Looking forward to seeing what you will do with them.

Darlene said...

Oh my what are you doing? I love the entire fabric pallet. Yummy!!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I'll be back too~ love all those fabrics! :-)

Jan said...

Wonderful palette, Lori. I'll be back to watch this project develop!!

Brenda said...

I can't wait to see the finished project! I love your fabric choices!

I love your blog! Thanks for your wonderful inspiration! :)

Love, Brenda

Jeanne said...

You have my interest! I'll be watching.

Linda said...

Can't wait. My mouth is watering from all the yummy colors. Granny B.

dream quilt create said...

love those colors, and "curiosity killed the cat"!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh Yum! Those fabrics look wonderful Lori -- I can't wait to see what's cookin'!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

I'm always a fan of your color choices. Can't wait to see this one.

Nanette Merrill said...

You're a big tease! Teasy teasy, I can't wait. Of course I love your colors and fabrics.

Rae Ann said...

I simply can't wait... I am driving over right now! LOL! NoT! I am very anxious though to see what it is that you are building there. I love the fabric and looking at you pulling from your stash... I thought... she should be doing a post of this over at Stash Manicure! What do you say... BBBFF!
Hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails