Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rotary Cutter Tutorial..(the fastest one ever!)...

The other day I picked up some new fabric ...it's so cute I wanted to show you...it's called "Kiss the Cook" from David Textiles and I got some fat quarters that I think go together well and will be really fun for a cute little quilty project...









Cute huh?....and now for a quickie tutorial.




This cute red rotary cutter by Fiskars caught my eye and I decided I was in need of a new one.
I'm getting ready to go on quilt retreat in a few days and I thought that I would like to take a new toy along...


I love the red and white together.....and look at the cute little flower button on the other side.
I thought it looked like it was missing something...so...


I added some bling for the flower center.


There...it looks better now.



If you want to add some sparkle to your quilting tools....grab your bottle o' bling....

...and your zots...
step 1. place zot on bling
step 2. place bling on flower on cutter
step 3. feel sparkly while you are cutting fabric
And there you go...the fastest tutorial EVER:)
Have a quilty kind of day!
xxLori

8 comments:

Nedra said...

Who would have thought to add bling to our rotary cutters? You have such an eye for making everything cute!

Gigi's Thimble said...

That is the cutest rotary cutter I have ever seen. Great idea to put the bling on!

Megan said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Sherri said...

Great fabric...and love the bling on your cutter! I was also wondering...what brand are the hexagon dies you purchased while in St. George?

Jan said...

What a great fabric group!...a new one to me. I'll bet you won't lose your cutter at your retreat!

Nanette Merrill said...

Hey I need that cutter. And the bling too. Let me how it cuts and feels

Thimbleanna said...

You're so funny -- that's a super cute idea -- who doesn't need a little bling? And that fabric -- is is a new line? It's just adorable!!!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

I feel so smart when I can learn something new so quickly! Thanks for the fabulous tutorial!

MGM

Related Posts with Thumbnails