Thursday, June 9, 2011

Vintage Papercrafting...

As you all know I love to make all kinds of things and I especially love the art of papercrafting....and of course it's even better when it has a vintage flair!

Because I have been involved in all things fabric...sadly...I havn't had much time to play with paper and I have had a project or two that I really wanted to have some time to do.

But as luck would have it...my sweet friend Maryjane from Beehive Cottage came to my rescue!
I told her what I needed and exactly what I had in mind and sent her a few images...and here is what she made for me!
Actually she made me several of these adorable journals because I needed some for gifts... as well as one for myself of course:) Maryjane even included fun bookmarks that she made from vintage graphics as well...so cute!

She is such a talented papercrafter right down to each little detail.
I love the journals so much!...thanks Maryjane...I knew they would be perfect in every way:)
If you love looking at beautiful blogs...I suggest that you go over and visit my friend Maryjane...here...and tell her I sent you!
xx
Lori
post signature

16 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your friend did an amazing job on the altered compo books. Sigh, now I'll have even more projects lined up, but I can't pass up the opportunity to use some of my own vintage papers for a project this good.

jenclair said...

The journals are great! Love the images!

Nedra said...

What a fabulous idea for a journal! I saw Nanettes when she posted about your retreat. You are always so generous and creative with your quilting friends.

Hearts Turned said...

This is wonderful! Being a vintage papercrafter myself, I LOVE each and every detail of what Maryjane did--and I love Maryjane, too! She's amazing!

Wishing you a beautiful day...

Julie

Stephany said...

Tell her to get to selling these things online PRONTO! I NEED one of these! What a great sewing notes and idea notebook! PLEEEEEASSSSSEEEE?

Jodi Nelson said...

Adorable!

Darlene said...

They are delightful, Lori. I know your friends loved them.

Nanette Merrill said...

Love love love mine! Thank you again. It is so pretty.

Susan Bailey said...

Everything you do is just so cute! Truly an artist! I have read your blog for years and was hoping that you could take a look at my friends brand new blog. I hope in the near future she will show her "Quilter's World" quilt on her blog, but time will tell. If you could give her blog a look see and maybe add her as a blog friend since you have such a large following. I'm just trying to help her on her journey. simplyputplus.blogspot.com

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh Lori, you sweetheart! I am thrilled you loved the journals and thank you for asking me to make them for you! I love making them! I need to get some more in my Etsy shop. I am thrilled you had a successful show and I know everyone LOVED your fabric! What talent!

Love ya,
Maryjane

My Vintage Mending said...

Beautifully done...its like quilting with paper and glue. What a treasure...smiles...Renee

Into Vintage said...

So charming! and I love that little quilt of yours on the front cover. :-)

Andrea said...

Hi there,
I have just found your blog through Maryjane and I just had to tell you it's so lovely. I adore your fabric and the whole look of your blog, I am going to have a really good read now! I have posted your button on my blog too,
Have a fabulous rest of your evening,
Andrea x

Sara said...

Very pretty work she does!! You lucky thing you!!

Pat said...

I love all the pictures. I think I made that dress when I was in high school. LOL I always love the vintage look.

Sherri said...

Oh, the journals are breathtaking...she is amazing! I always love the vintage sewing images...have one of the Sewing Susan needle sets from my husband's grandmother's sewing box...think it was actually her Mom's!

Related Posts with Thumbnails