Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Painted Piano...


Get ready for a lot of pictures
 of my aqua piano!

I'm so happy that I finally did it 
and I love love love the aqua.
 It fit's right in with my cottage decor
 and I think it adds a little more fun:)

 I just love painted furniture...don't you?


I love it soooo much!
 I still have to do a few more 
things to finish it up.

Can you see that it's still wearing
 fuzzy house slippers to 
protect the new floor?
I need to get some soft furniture
 thingys to put on the bottom of the legs. 



And I need to take the blue tape off 
the pedals and wheels ...
and add the cute little Martha Stewart
 brushed nickel knobs that I bought 
for it at Home Depot.


You can see that our floor in the front room of my cottage is almost complete...
we still have to do the stairs and
 paint and install the trim all the way
 around the base boards.

I love the new wall color and I'm noticing
 in this photo how much the color 
changes according to the light.
I love it!


This is the window it will go in!
 Kassidy is the piano player in our house 
(she has been playing since she was five)
and she wanted to put it in the window so that she can look outside while she plays:)


As you can see it's a sunny morning 
here in my little town!!!



 Our upper floor redo is still a
 work in progress but I'm happy to say
 that we are 90% complete!
Mr. Honey was so patient with me when I kept telling him that we just have to re-paint
 "one more thing" 
before we can install the floor...lol.
I have pretty much repainted everything that wasn't moving!!!! 



I'll show you each piece one by one after the flooring is totally complete and I can put things back into their place:)





Okay....
I'm off to the market for groceries 
and then I'm sure the rest of my 
day will involve sewing... 
that is AFTER carpooling and 
taxi driving my teenagers
 to rugby and dance...
oh... and a little cooking...
and maybe a quick stop at Home Depot
 for those fuzzy furniture feet...
and because Home Depot is "sorta"
 by the thrift shop...
maybe a quick stop there...
hmmm.....
maybe I'll just sew tonight while 
I'm watching American Idol:)
xx
Lori


33 comments:

~Laurie~ said...

WOW Lori! We recently acquired a really old piano that would look great painted. Don't know why I never thought of it! Thanks for sharing - such an awesome idea and yours looks great!!

Liz said...

Wow, that's one beautiful piano!! Good job! Liz

Nanette Merrill said...

Breathtaking. Truly spectacular. Worth the work. It is a piece of art and will be so beautiful in your home. I'm very excited for the full reveal.

BBB said...

How did the painting affect the piano's sound??? And was there anything you had to do to protect the piano before you painted it. And, did you use a spray paint?

Anonymous said...

That is gor-juss! I want one. You did an amazing job ~ it looks professional-quality.

whitey said...

Such a happy color! Great job Lori!

Sherryl said...

Oh I love that piano! I immediately sent a link to my sister who has been on a painting binge for the past year - she has a piano too. I have the same questions BBB has though... should I warn her about any special precautions she should take to protect the sound? Oh it's just TOO fabulous!
- sunshdws at yahoo dot com

•stephanie• said...

you are, apparently, just as good at painting as you are at sewing! you're so brave. i'm not sure i would have ever tackled that project. the piano looks beautiful and of course, an aqua piano will be so fun to play. it is perfect! lucky kassidy. if she needs someone to play a duet with . . . let me know!

E said...

I come from folks who think "paint'n nice furniture is a sin"... so heaven forgive me what would I give for an aqua piano !! Love it :) Elaine

Rae Ann said...

Well... it is all that and a bag of chips! Love the color... can't wait to see it all come together. We will have to have a "Cottage Housewarming". Beautiful!!!

Nedra said...

Absolutely your piano HAD to be aqua...that is, unless it was RED, of course:)

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

It is beautiful!! But may I say you are very brave?!?

Mrs.Hearts

Into Vintage said...

Wow - this looks *incredible!* I think you may have just kicked off the painted-piano trend. :-)

Sewn With Grace said...

Oh my word - it's fantastic! You did a great job. Was it hard? Such a happy color in a happy room!

Anonymous said...

Is there a word for super, duper, fabulous? If so, insert word...here. Amazing, Lori. Really. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

dream quilt create said...

Gasp!!! Your piano is to die for :) Was it hard painting around the keys? It is absolutely gorgeous!!!

PotsandPins said...

It's Swell!!! I'm sure it sounds better being aqua, too! I love it, it's dang happy! I would never have thought about painting my piano...but now...who knows?!? You might have started something! You are the queen of clever! xo, Nan

Kristyne said...

LOVE IT!!! Now where's Elton John?! LOL!

Cindy~ HeartandSewInspirations.com said...

FABULOUS!! This is why I love following you. You go where others say "huh?" I love your color choice and have to agree with the others, you are BRAVE! This is a big task, but that's what you do best! Can't wait to see it in place!

Cheryl said...

Using my grandsons favorite description....that is awesomely cool!!!!!!! Love it!

A Plain Path said...

My daughter, who plays on a similar piano, says this is very cool. She loves it! I don't need another project. haha! You did a fabulous job. I just want to know how you painted so perfectly between the keys. Did you tape the keys, use a small artist/crafting brush? Curious minds!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I want to paint my piano! I want to paint my piano! I want to paint my piano!

I bet you can hear that plaintive cry all the way from central California to Utah!

Your piano turned out beautifully. Did you do it yourself? Gorgeous! I am so lovin' that color right now too. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Am I gushing enough? I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is gorgeous! I LOVE it! I agree with the others...you are very brave to tackle that project.

Ursula

Vickie said...

Love the piano ! Looking forward to seeing all the final photos. You have a great style.

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

WoW! That is a beautiful paint job. You are a brave and talented girl. I do a lot of painting, but I would be so afreaid to do a piano. Your floors are wonderful too. I loved my wood floors.
Found your blog through Pinterst.
I will be at my quilt store on Friday and will be looking for Millies Closet...sew cute.

Funoldhag said...

Years and years ago (1960's) I antiqued a piano. Many things were antiqued at my house - a desk, our bedroom set (I still have it), plastic flowers - if you stood still too long at my house, you might have been antiqued! Guess I might have the fodder for a post here! Love your blog, Lori. Carol

Libby said...

I was so excited about your aqua piano I forgot to turn on your music. Beautiful job

trish said...

Oh my Lori!!! Does it get any cuter than that?? The melody must sound even sweeter when played! :o)
Your home is just so sweet. :o)

Sheri Howard said...

love the aqua piano and love your fabric line too!!

Anna said...

I love your work, fantastic!
A hug.
Anna

ThirdMargaret said...

Beautiful, beautiful piano! You did an outstanding job.

Sew Much Ado said...

That is SO cute, Lori! And I love the blue wall paint too, I've been dying for a blue room - I'll just enjoy your's instead for now :).

Anonymous said...

You are a brave woman. Not sure I would have the courage to paint my piano! But, it is really cute and looks wonderful in your room.

Related Posts with Thumbnails